Here are a few of the questions people frequently ask us. If you have further questions please contact us by phone or just stop by the range.
- Do I need to be a U.S. citizen to use the range?
- I have a fear of guns. How can I overcome it?
- How can my Law Enforcement department use your range?
- Do you allow private bookings
- Do you allow rifles?
- Do you allow shotguns?
- How about bottleneck caliber pistols?
- What are your hours?
- Where are you located?
- How old do I have to be to shoot?
- Can I share a lane?
- Can I shoot just for the day?
- How much for a pass to the range?
- Will you have any competitions?
- Do you sell ammunition?
- Isn’t shooting dangerous?
Do I need to be a u.s. citizen to shoot?
Due to Federal ATF regulation, any person admitted to the range MUST be either a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
I have a fear of guns. How can I overcome it?
Sadly this is not uncommon, but we have amazing instructors that can help you through it. Like a fear of dogs, chainsaws, or knives, come from television, movies, stories, and personal trauma, so too can a fear of firearms be established. Maybe someone let you shoot a gun that was way too big for you, or you or a friend personally experienced a gun-related trauma. Call, or come see us, and tell your story. We are happy to say that we have helped a good number people overcome this fear, and some of our favorite regulars are a result.
can my Law Enforcement department use your range?
Certainly. Just have a decision maker from your agency contact us and we’ll work out the details and schedule.
Do you allow private bookings?
Sure! The cost is $30 a head, and that gets you.
- Free range pass
- Free rentals
- Free targets
- A range safety officer
- A safety briefing
If you want the place to yourself, we offer it Monday-Saturday outside of our normal business hours. We do require a non refundable payment of 10 shooters to staff the booking.
If you just need a 2-3 lanes we can do that Mon-Fri during normal hours, but still require payment of 10 shooters to staff the event, and reserve the lanes.
Do you allow rifles?
Yes. In fact, the range is built to handle anything under 50BMG, however we do not allow ferrous projectiles. (Your bullet can not attract a magnet)
Do you allow Shotguns?
Yes, however you must use slugs.
How about bottleneck caliber pistols?
Yep, we allow those, too.
What are your hours?
Currently, Monday thru Saturday, 9am-8pm, but keep in mind, Our range closes at 6:00 on Wednesday and Thursday to host our many events and classes.
Where are you located?
Next to US Highway 52, ten minutes north of downtown Winston-Salem.
1013 Bethania-Rural Hall Rd.
Rural Hall, NC 27045
How old do I have to be to shoot?
Any age is welcome, provided they are with a responsible supervising shooter 21 years of age or older.
Can I share a lane?
Sure, as long as all safety rules are observed, and only one person shoots at a time.
How much for a range pass?
A range pass is good for one day, and without time restriction unless we are at peak volume. If peak volume is met we will start an hour rotation.
- $19 Mon-Thur.
- $25 Fri-Sat and holidays.
- $10 any day of the week, for current or military or veterans.
- $5 any day of the week, for current or retired LE.
- $10 for kids $15 and under.
Will you have any competitions?
Yes. We already have and will continue to. Keep an eye on the calendar of events for dates and times.
Do you sell ammunition?
Absolutely, and lots of it.
We’re here to help. Contact us and we’ll answer your question as soon as possible.
Isn’t shooting dangerous?
Yes. Anything can be dangerous if you aren’t careful, but if you follow protocol, you are more likely to be seriously injured driving to the range. Here are four things to always remember when around firearms.
- Treat all firearms as loaded, until you have personally inspected the firearm.
- Always keep the firearm pointed in a safe direction. (down range)
- Always keep your finger off the trigger and trigger guard until your sights are on the target and you are ready to shoot.
- Be sure of your target and what is around and beyond it. At ProShots, we have many instructors who can teach you the proper way to handle a firearm. Just as you would not drive a car without proper training, you should not handle firearms without proper training.